Friday, May 11, 2007

Last Nite:


Up on a hill....


Okay, enough with the lyrics.



This is the view at night (of Admiralty) from Victoria Peak. The photo's can't do it justice. I took the tram up this time - it crawls up the hillside at a 45 degree angle (ie: very steep). The floor is scalloped so that if you're standing you can get some purchase and you don't slip backwards. It takes only 7 minutes to get to the top.
Along with Rio de Janiero, Hong Kong has to be the most spectacular looking city I've ever been too. I just have to work out how I can afford the quarter of a million dollars it costs for a 350 square foot apartment here now. That's a lot of rider writing and day-sheet typing....
This is Central and behind that Tsim Sha Tsui (Kowloon). My hotel is next to the Orange Stripey building.



I also went to Temple Street night market where I imagine once one could find a bargain. These days it was full of tat - cheap souvenier stalls selling key fobs and fake wallets and comically fake watches, the usual..... I did get my fortune told, which was interesting. I'll be sure to let you know how accurate it is if he's right. Of course, if he's wrong, I'll never mention it again. I can tell you this: I have stubborn ears. In England we would say Pig Headed, but I never thought is was meant quite so literally.



I ate at this crap food place. It got busted for hawking while I was eating. I was listening to the cops argue with the owner and they kept saying "Europeans" in Chinese which made me a little paranoid. Still, one has to try these things. I thought that because there were plenty of Chinese eating there that it was a good bet...that and the fact that they had a soap opera playing on TV that you could watch. The old bloke serving automatically got the hump with me when he brought me an opened bottle of beer and I sent it back (I don't drink). Not to worry though, he sold it to the next couple who sat down 10 minutes later.
And here's today's adolescent picture. I'm confused, I tried to translate the Chinese quickly and it seems to be all about food and banquets and drinking. I guess this is tailored to the man who thinks with his belly.
Weirdo.

No comments: