Saturday, June 09, 2007

Picture This:

Some of the remaining photo's of the end of the trip. I'm done with opining now ("aaand I'm spent"). So, now I've got nothing to say...

A road sign on the way to Hanoi Airport - note the special horse and cart lane.




Inside a Chinese Temple in Saigon. Peaceful.



And just to keep you in line....do all religions have punitive deitys?



70Km North of Saigon is a religion called Cao Dai. This is their temple. The religion is all-inclusive and based on buddhism they also incorporate elements of Christianity, Taoism, Islam & Confucianism. The temple is overdone and kitsch ( to my all seeing eye) but fascinating. Tourists are allowed to watch (and photograph) the four daily services. The different coloured robes on the right represent the different religions and the closer to the All Seeing Eye at the end of the room you sit, the higher you are in the temple's hierarchy. Victor Hugo was posthumously named the Chief Spirit of Foreign Missionary Works.
And why not?



The All Seeing Eye.



Along the Mekong Delta.



Note the forest of TV ariels above the floating poverty.....



When I toured with Pulp and I was doing everything too much and a bit of a knobhead someone joked that "Kurtz had gone too far upriver." (They were right, btw). Here he is, over 10 years later...still doing the same thing. Hot, sticky, covered in flies, mmm looking good....



I ask you, would you jump into this and swim?



these Water babies would....



My last night in Ho Chi Minh City and it rained like a bastard....



On my last night in Hong Kong on the way back home. Did I mention yet that I love Hong Kong? I did? Oh, sorry...



Now the only thing I've got to talk about is my love for backpackers.....

No comments: